But first, Strawberry Shortbread
Although I have mastered the classic shortbread (thanks to the Scottish family roots/critiques), I have been experimenting with different flavours. I know what you're all thinking, why are you messing with something that's great as it is? But I had to. Lavender, rose and strawberry to date. All a success.
I want to share with you the most recent , Strawberry Shortbread. I amended the classic recipe for this specific flavour, as it is a lot wetter mixture due to the strawberries. Let me know how it goes for you, and what you think of it yourself.
200g plain flour
3-4 medium strawberries, any ripeness.
1. Blend the butter with the sugar. The butter should be room temperature, so soft to touch. If this is a quick bake then take out of the fridge and cut into cubes before putting in the bowl with the sugar. Microwave for 10-15 seconds maximum. Any more and the butter will melt, ruining the consistency of the mixture.
2. Sieve the flour into the bowl with the sugar and butter and stir in until all ingredients fully mixed together. The mixture shouldn't be a smooth paste yet, but a little dry. The strawberries will compensate for this.
3. Cut the strawberries into small cubes. If the strawberries are overripe and mushy, then that's fine. Blend in with flour, butter and sugar until the fruit is evenly dispersed. The mixture should be quite firm at this stage.
6. Turn onto a clean, lightly floured surface (stay safe on top of a cutting board) and roll out until 1cm thick. Cut into fingers, or rounds if you prefer, and sprinkle with a little sugar. You can make the traditional fork pokes into the fingers at this stage if you wish.
7. Place onto a baking paper lined baking tray and chill in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
8. While the trays are in the fridge, preheat the oven to 190C.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden brown.
10. Set aside on a cool wire rack and enjoy!
Like I said, let me know how the recipe works for you. Would love some photos too! Tag me on Instagram @jemmaleighconway or Twitter @jemmleigh
(Lavender and Rose recipes to follow soon!)
#shortbread #recipe #strawberry #strawberryshortbread #comingsoon #food #foodporn #interior #design #recipes #cooking #baking #biscuits #lifestyle #blogger #blogging #jemmaleighconway #jemmaleighconway